3.28.2010

Breakthrough

I can feel my heart beating in my chest to the rhythm of my footsteps-
The only sound I hear is my breathing in this surrounding darkness.

If only I could find my voice...
If only I had a choice,
Don't I?

I can choose to stop running and face whatever may be chasing me, but at risk of getting caught.
SOMTHING is out there and it has my scent,
tracking my every move.

If only I could find my voice...

I continue to run into the present darkness, searching for some way out.
Is that light that I see in the distance?

If only I could get there...

As I run the light becomes closer and closer, but yet I stuck somehow.
How do I get to where the light is?
The closer I get to the light, the more encouraged I feel.
All of a sudden I feel that FEELING-

Something is out there.

Oppressed, I attempt to continue to run towards the light, yet stumble and fall to the ground.
As I feel the darkness surround me, I begin to cry.
I still can't see anything but that far off light...

Is their hope?

I attempt to get back up, but something is holding me down,

If only I could just open my mouth...

Tears stinging my eyes, I struggle to bring myself up.
I can't run.
I can't move.

"It's all in your head, you don't see anything," I hear a voice from the darkness say.
"You can't open your mouth, you can't sing, Jesus Christ is not your king."

An aching from within builds from inside of me, as if it has been there along.
As if this longing has been instilled from the depths of my soul...

"OH GLORY! Jesus, now I know!
I know why I am here and that you are with me,
wanting to set me free!"

An overwhelming joy bubbles up inside of me, allowing me to hear, along me to see!

"My child, open up your mouth and sing!
I am with you and always will be! "

With the darkness overwhelming me, the JOY overcomes!
I now know I am not alone!

"You aren't getting anywhere, and you're nothing special.." the darkness states.
"You will not succeed, nor make a difference, no one cares about your influence."

I close my eyes and SHOUT! -

"Jesus!" I sing out with tears of joy-
"Jesus! Breakthrough!"

I sing aloud:

"This is Jesus, in His Glory, King of Heaven, dying for me!
It is finished! He has done it!
Death is beaten, Heaven beckons me!

The voice in the darkness is no longer there,
I open my eyes, no longer feeling oppressed.
I stand up, and seeing the light much closer now, I continue to run towards it.
I am not fearful, yet compelled to keep running.
I feel God pressing me towards the goal.
I am encouraged as I feel the freedom of His embrace.

I am running when I reach an opening.
I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff several hundred feet from water level,
big open clear sky ahead of me;
darkness behind me, and I look to see rushing water below me.

"Now where do I go?" I say out loud.

"Sing My Name." I hear God say.

I stand there for just a moment, open up my mouth and sing:

" Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, theirs just something about that name..
Master, Maker, Jesus, all of heaven and earth proclaim!"

"Trust me" I hear Him say,

"Jump!"

I don't hesitate as I dive down into the crystal clear water.

I've got you my child,

don't worry, I've got you."







Credit to my recent favorite: Kim walker's song, "See His Love"
Also: Worship song, "Theirs just something about that name" sung by many.











2 comments:

Jo and Li said...

beautiful!

Lauren Ashley Benard said...

Thank you so much for posting this :) It was really good to hear you read it aloud as well!! You are such a blessing friend! Love you!