12.10.2010

God is writing my story

I must say that the inspiration award yet again goes to Donald Miller, who has written quite a fun read so far. I don't know if I'm enjoying the book or if it's more the fact that Justin is reading out loud to me :) Donald Miller, in his recent book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, talks about God being the writer of His story and how He knows what is best for the character (Don) to move forward.

I simply adored this concept. The God Almighty is, on a daily basis, offering a better plot, a surprise twist or possibly a more satisfying outcome.

I wish I could write for living. Get paid to write? That would be awesome. Deadlines? Not so awesome. BUT at least I would be writing and people would be reading it.

I want to live in expectation of what God has for me. I want to be living every day thinking that it's an opportunity for something more. I just wish I would trust God a little bit more. I wish I would allow him to work through me, instead of getting scared and full of doubt and allowing the enemy to overwhelm me and tell me what I am not capable of.

What would I write about, you ask? Well, I'm starting with this blog to keep me writing, but eventually I would like to actually finish a book. My anticipated book would be entitled: "My Soul Can't Dance Without You" by Melissa Nichols. :)

It would be about how God truly works in our lives and truly cares about what is going on with us. It would be about how He knows our innermost thoughts and how He designed us and absolutely loves us. About how He does talk to us on a daily basis and us learning how to listen. I would write testimonies of how God has worked so intimately in my life, and how ever since I have dedicated my life to Him, it has been nothing but interesting and amazing: that I now know who I am in Christ and what my vision, calling, and gifts are. The book would help people--especially women, since it is from a woman's point of view and I am called to women's ministry--understand how God only wants us to surrender to Him and live in obedience, so He can in turn build our faith and love on us as life takes us through ups and downs and different circumstances.

We are not alone. I know that this is something we all need to hear. A reassurance that God knows where you're at, that He's speaking to you and that He actually knows what's next. He is writing our story. How cool is that?! Why wouldn't I want to ask and listen to the God who designed me and knows my innermost thoughts, who already knows what is to become of me?

When I was younger, I would ask my dad questions like:
"How does God know what is going to happen next?"
"If He already knows what is going to happen, why do I need to make any decisions at all?"
"What if I mess up, then does that mean He's mad at me and I can't do great things anymore?"

My dad, obviously overwhelmed with questions from a 10 year old, responded:
"It's like this Mels. " He laid his hands out on the table and put one hand on one end and the other hand far away from it and said, " Think of it like a comic strip: God knows the end and He knows the beginning."

I still remember that today and I know he was trying to to satisfy all my questions as a little one... but you know... it really made sense to me.

God is writing my story.

He already knows, I just have to ask, and then follow directions.



{Listening to: Bethany Dillion-- self-titled album :) Awesome stuff, definitely recommend it!}

No comments: